Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Test Batching

We decided to test batch at the end of our soaping day. With 40 lbs. of Cranberry Fig and 12 lbs. of Summer Hill under our belt early today, it was a treat to play with fragrance and color :) We had fun with a holiday fragrance, a pomegranate peach, a grapefruit, a honeydew melon and a special one for my hubby, Pinaud. Pipette's were flying around the soap kitchen as we swirled colors, blended fragrances and had a fun time winding down after a long morning. I'll try to post pics tomorrow after we uncover and cut our new little soap gems.

We've booked two more shows ~ one in mid-November and one over Memorial Day weekend. It's busy enough that I've asked a family friend to help out two days so far this week...and she'll be back again tomorrow for a bit. I'm hoping for a rainy day tomorrow...no laundry to hang out, no garden to till...maybe cut soap, do some custom batches and then read a book while curled up in a warm blanket.

Out of the Box samples are due this week ~ we're sending Sweet Dreams (Victoria's Secret Amber Romance type) and Coconut/Lemongrass. I love both of them and sometimes it's hard to choose what to showcase to potential customers. Many times, I go with my favorites, or what the time of the year reminds me of.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment